Leg curl machine
The leg curl machine is a basic isolation exercise the targets two primary muscle groups: the calf muscles (gastrocnemius and soleus muscles) and the biceps femoris, semitendinosus, and semimembranosus muscles).
Leg curl machine are performed on a gym bench with a levered lifting bar at the foot end of the machine. The classic version of the exercise is done lying flat on your stomach with your ankles tucked under a padded roller.
Benefits of leg curl machine
- While the primary benefits of leg curls are strengthening and improving flexibility in your hamstrings, the exercise also targets other muscle groups.
- To do a leg curl, you pull your heels toward your buttocks from your position on the machine (either seated or prone).
- This movement will smoothly pull the weights that are connected to the machine’s pulley system
- . As you lower your feet back down, the resistance shifts slightly, which works your buttocks, thighs (quadriceps), and the front of the shins (tibialis anterior).
Having strong, flexible hamstrings is an important factor in your overall strength, balance, and stamina. Hamstrings that can withstand the demands of your workout aren’t just helpful when you’re at the gym, however.
Their strength will also help you avoid injury as you go about your day-to-day life. Good posture and balance protect your muscles as you do everything from play with your kids to household chores.
Overall strength and flexibility in these key muscle groups will also help you as your body ages,1 especially if you are prone to knee problems, joint, or back pain.
When leg curls are part of your overall strength training, you are also contributing to improved cardiovascular strength and weight management, both of which are factors that can reduce and help prevent chronic pain.
- This machine also has a weight stack, which has a belt attached to it, that runs up and over a pulley, then is attached the this round disc called a cam. As you tuck your ankles underneath, the cam rotates counter clockwise and pulls the belt, which lifts the weight.
There are no reviews yet.