Exercise bikes provide a great cardio workout with many fitness benefits: they increase muscle tone, strengthen your legs, and can be great for burning calories too. But with so many on the market how do you find the best exercise bike for you?
EXERCISE BIKE BENEFITS
- STRENGTHEN AND TONE
Cycling will strengthen and tone your leg muscles. The primary muscles worked on a gym bike are the quadriceps (front of the thighs), glutes (bottom), hamstrings (back of the thighs), calves (back of the leg below then knee) and hip flexors (bottom of the stomach).
- WEIGHT LOSS
Cycling is a very effective form of exercise for weight loss. The number of calories burned will depend on your age, gender and so on but as a guide a young man can burn around 500 calories cycling for 30 minutes at around 17mph. Once you’ve finished your cycle your body continues working to repair the muscles used during your workout. This burns calories even once you’ve finished exercising.
- CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS
Cycling is an effective and simple form of cardiovascular exercise. Cardio training on a static bike can help you prepare for marathons or just help you deal better with daily demands. A healthy cardiovascular system increases the supply of oxygen to your blood and the supply of energy to your body. It helps reduce your risk of stroke and disease and can lower blood pressure.
- IMPROVE YOUR SPORT
A static bike can be more than a piece of home gym equipment. It can allow for specific training focused on the discipline of road cycling. The controlled environment that an exercise bike produces can help improve and track your cycling fitness as well as improve your technique. An Exercise bike will let you work on the elements you need to improve on, whatever the weather!
- LOW IMPACT EXERCISE
The low impact nature of static gym bikes make them a good option if you want to lessen any risk of injury or strain. Their smooth motion and low impact action combine to make a workout that is easy on your muscles and joints. As long as your gym bike is properly set up, the pressure is taken off of knees and ankles making it a popular alternative to higher impact activities such as running.
- CONVENIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE
A static exercise bike is compact and doesn’t take up much space. They also let you make maximum use of your time: you can watch TV, read a book or listen to music as you workout. Cheaper than paying gym fees, all of our cardio bikes come with fantastic warranties that ensure you get years of exercise out of them.
Which exercise cycle is best for home?
- Cardio Max JSB HF73 – UpRight.
- Online World Stress Buster Indoor Cycle – UpRight.
- Proline Fitness 335L – Recumbent.
- Cosco CEB-Trim 400 R – Recumbent.
- Kobo SB 1 – Bicycle for Spinning.
- Lifeline Exercise Air Bike – Multifunctional/Cross Trainer
What features to look for in an exercise bike?
- Display. Look for a clear display with easy-to-use controls.
- Programming. Consider machines with programs that allow you to adjust routines based on your fitness level and have heart-rate-controlled workouts that consider your age, weight, and gender.
- Heart-Rate Monitor.
How much should I spend on an exercise bike?
You can pay anywhere from $200 to $2,000 for a new exercise bike. Pricier machines generally have sturdier designs and more features, but some bargain-priced machines can offer a good workout.
See this also:-
Best exercise bicycles:-
- Best exercise bike overall: NordicTrack’s S22i Studio Cycle.
- Best exercise bike for comfort: Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike.
- Best high-end exercise bike: Peloton.
- Best budget exercise bike: Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle.
Product related to this:-
There are no reviews yet.